Saturday, October 4, 2008

We have met the enemy and he is us

I’ve been receiving many comments about the VP debate and about Sarah Palin. Perhaps the most thoughtful is one by Eve Ensler, the author of The Vagina Monologues. Eve is horrified, maybe even scared by the prospect of Sarah Palin becoming VP. Ditto me.
Why am I so horrified? I guess that Sarah Palin represents, for me, everything that is wrong with America. A woman who revels in her ignorance. She doesn’t believe in evolution, and her pastor, who she credits with helping her to attain the Alaska Governor’s position, is a literal witch doctor. He hunts witches. Excuse me, but is this AD 1208 or AD 2008? What, I wonder would the “liberal” media have made of a finding that Obama’s pastor was a witch doctor?
Palin says that she will recruit people from all political parties . . . so long as they graduated with her at Wasilla High. She can’t recall what newspapers she reads—apparently she reads everything—The Witchcraft Daily, Who’s Who Monthly in Rapturing, What’s New at Our Wasilla Stupidhead Parties. She doesn’t miss a trick.
But she’s a Governor you say.
Yeah, but it’s Alaska, I respond.
What else do you need to know about Alaska beyond the fact that they elected this bimbo airhead HS cheerleader Governor? Oh, and the fact that she still pronounces it “NUCULER”!
And she winks at the TV monitor. Is that because she thinks she’s flirting with us? Or is it that wink that says, “hey, my friends, I’m conning you . . .”
She appears to believe that the world is going to end and everyone, except Wasilla residents of course, will all die. Wasilla residents will still hang around of course, because they’re the only good guys. They will deserve each other.
Sarah Palin may be what we get, but surely the United States of America deserves better than this.
Or do we?
Remember :
We have met the enemy and he is us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the comment on the "winking." I keep thinking she's saying, "Just kidding folks. I'm not really running for VP."
Of course, the Mayans believed the world will end in 2012.